Today’s Family is looking for a shining star. As Associate Director, you will be part of the leadership team and will help to help navigate, grow and develop high-quality early years programs and services at Today’s Family.
You can find information about applying for this position below.
Effective December, 2020
Are you a shining star?
Please apply by November 4, 2020
As a leader committed to our mission vision and values, you will bring the following five (5) strengths to the position:
1. Strategic Leadership
- Oversee all phases of programs from initiation through to closure.
- Monitor compliance with legislative requirements and strategic goals of Today’s Family.
- Ensure program activities and deliverables adhere to the quality standards of Today’s Family.
- Adhere to legislative changes.
- Utilization of coach approach.
2. Financial Planning and Oversight
- In collaboration with Senior Leadership Team (SLT), provide information to secure funds and grants as applicable.
- In collaboration with Director of Finance, assist in developing program budget(s) and hold relevant operational managers accountable.
- In-depth review and knowledge of program budgets. Address budget overages and implement corrective action in a timely manner.
- Anticipating and planning for capital needs.
3. Operational Planning
- Direct program related activities.
- Develop and implement guidelines and policies associated with program development and management.
- Adhere to goals, priorities, and standards for Today’s Family programs.
- Manage the evolution and improvement of project management methodology, processes and best practices.
- Oversee the development of work plans, project schedules and resource plans.
- Verify and maintain relevant records and reports for all sites and programs under portfolio.
- Mitigating risk of program disruption.
- Operate within the legislative standards of: CCEYA, ECEA, ESA, MofL OHSA, and Today’s Family accountability standard.
4. Development Delivery and Management of Services and Programs
- Direct risk identification, assessment, and mitigation processes in accordance with Today’s Family policies.
- Supervise the analysis of programs to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Align programs with our mission, vision, and values.
- Meet Today’s Family accountability standards.
- Increase services to a variety of age groups.
5. People Practices
- Live our mission, vision, and values.
- In collaboration with SLT, set project/priority timelines and check-in with Program Operational Manager as required.
- Confer with Operational Management program staff to discuss issues and direct solutions as appropriate.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, participate in orientation, professional learning, and awareness campaigns for programs, as required.
- Direct personnel decisions for programs in designated areas.
- In collaboration with the Director of Operations, evaluate Program Operational Management and provide relevant coaching and professional learning as required.
- Oversee performance assessments, professional learning and coaching of Program Operational Management staff.
- Work with operational management to develop leadership and support program quality and staff development.
- Strategizing to diversify the workforce, including the reassessment of staffing opportunities.